**2017 Creative Child Magazine Book of the Year Award Winner**
Make the best paper airplanes around with this easy-to-follow origami book. No scissors, tape or glue required!
Enthralled with origami from a young age, world-renowned origami and paper crafter Michael LaFosse has used those skills to design and perfect paper planes for decades. In Michael LaFosse's Origami Airplanes
, LaFosse presents 28 original paper origami models that incorporate innovative functional and aesthetic details like faceted flaps, ailerons, canards and spoilers that really work. The sense of proportion and balance, and an ingenious nose and fuselage locking system, define these signature models--which are instant classics. Readers accustomed to folding simple darts and wings will be thrilled and challenged by the folding maneuvers in these pages. Michael LaFosse's Origami Airplanes comes with great value--included are:
- 28 fun and challenging projects
- Step-by-step instructions
- Expert tips on techniques and folds
- Easy-to-follow video tutorials
- Videos are also streamable or downloadable online
Great for paper airplane enthusiasts, fans of unique origami works, and parents with kids. In addition to teaching the skills to create the planes, this unique paper craft book provides expert advice on:
Paper airplane models include:
- How to select and prepare the best folding paper for each plane.
- How to balance aesthetics, performance and fun when designing your own planes.
- Helpful tips on control surfaces, and how to manipulate them for the best flights.
- Tips on launching different types of planes to get the best possible glide.
- A discussion of aerodynamics and how it relates to paper airplane performance.
All disc content is alternatively accessible on tuttlepublishing.com/downloadable-content.
- The classic Lock Nose Dart
- The stealthy Flying Fox
- The innovative Art Deco Wing
- The speedy F-102 Delta Jet
- And many more...