- the exciting world of Japanese food--from bento to sushi and everything in between.
- the otaku (geek) culture of Japan, including a manga market in Tokyo where artists display and sell their original artwork.
- the complete Japanese shopping experience, from combini (not your run-of-the-mill convenience stores ) to depato (department stores with everything).
- the world's biggest manga, anime and cosplay festivals.
- lots of other exciting places to go and things to do--like zen gardens, traditional Japanese arts, and a ride on a Japanese bullet train.
Whether you're ready to hop a plane and travel to Japan tomorrow, or interested in Japanese culture, this fun and colorful travelogue by noted comic book artist and food blogger Abby Denson, husband Matt, friend Yuuko, and sidekick, Kitty Sweet Tooth, will present Japan in a unique and fascinating way.
Publisher: Tuttle Publishing
Age Range: 11 - 14 years
Grade Level: 06 - 09
Paperback: 128 Pages
Product Dimension (L x W x H): 25.40 x 19.05 x 1.52 CM
Shipping Weight: 0.41 Kg
need to read this before planning to go to Japan
Comic book artist and food blogger Denson (Dolltopia) fills this hip and handy travel guide with her expertise as a frequent visitor to Japan and her bright and vibrant illustrations. The drawings feature the artist and her husband, their Japanese friend Yuuko, and Kitty Sweet Tooth (Denson’s cartoon-cat alter ego), who provides language lessons, including a pronunciation guide and common words and phrases. Denson outlines what to do ahead of time, such as purchasing discount transportation tickets and exchanging money, and offers space-saving packing tips. A quick rundown of the public transit system—the Narita Express—ensures you won’t look like a tourist,... See More