Swim Speed Secrets: Master the Freestyle Technique Used by the World's Fastest SwimmersPaperback - 22 April 2018
Or 670 PEC Points
Sheila Taormina's Swim Speed Series is now the top-selling resource for faster swimming.
In this expanded and revised edition of Swim Speed Secrets, the 4-time Olympian, gold medalist, and triathlon world champion reveals the swim technique used by the world's fastest swimmers. With Taormina's clear and easily understood guidance, any swimmer or triathlete can learn and master the fastest way to swim.
Over the course of four Olympic Games and throughout her career as a world champion triathlete, Taormina refined her exceptional technique as a student of the sport, studying the world's best swimmers using underwater photographs, video analysis, and historical archives. From Johnny Weissmuller to Michael Phelps, the world's fastest swimmers share two common elements: high stroke rate and a high-elbow underwater pull.
Many swimmers and triathletes neglect the underwater pull, distracted by low stroke count or perfecting less critical details like body position, streamlining, and roll. Swim Speed Secrets, 2nd Ed. focuses on the most crucial element of swimming--producing power--to help triathletes and swimmers overhaul their swim stroke and find the speed that's been eluding them.
With a commonsense approach that comes from decades of intense practice and hands-on coaching experience, Taormina shows swimmers how to transition to faster swimming.
This new, updated edition of Swim Speed Secrets includes:
- Crystal-clear descriptions the underwater freestyle stroke.
- Crisp underwater photographs of the world's best swimmers and their winning technique including Peter Vanderkaay, Jack Conger, Townley Haas, and more.
- Deeper levels of detail on the stroke path, stroke timing, limb speed change, and over-water recovery.
- Real-world proof that the curvilinear, or S-curve, stroke path in elite swimmer strokes is the fastest way to swim.
- The best drills to cultivate a sensitive, faster, and more effective feel for the water.
- Dryland and strength building exercises to develop arm position and upper body musculature.
- Tips that helped Taormina win at the world-class level for two decades.
Sheila Taormina's Swim Speed Secrets blows up the myths that have held swimmers back. Her best-selling Swim Speed Series brings the focus back where it belongs--to a powerful freestyle swim stroke. With this book, triathletes and swimmers can stop swimming for survival and break through to new levels of swimming speed and confidence in the water.
Age Range: NA - NA years
Grade Level: NA - NA
Paperback: 200 Pages
Product Dimension (L x W x H): 22.61 x 17.78 x 1.02 CM
Shipping Weight: 0.50 KgPeriplus Bestseller Rank:
#1,224 in Books
#12 in Books » Sports & Outdoors
#1 in Books » Sports & Outdoors » Swimming
#6 in ILLUSTRATED BOOKS » Sports, Outdoors & Survival