Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher Lonely Planet's New Zealand's South Island
is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Kayak and swim the crystal-clear waters of glorious Abel Tasman National Park; cruise through a world-renowned collage of waterfalls, verdant cliffs and peaks, and dark cobalt waters in Milford Sound; and hike on the Fox Glacier to see crazy valleys and spectacular ice flows. All with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of New Zealand's South Island and begin your journey now
Inside Lonely Planet's New Zealand's South Island
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's New Zealand's South Island
- Color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights provide a richer, more rewarding travel experience - covering history, people, music, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, politics
- Covers Marlborough & Nelson, The West Coast, Christchurch & Canterbury, Dunedin & Otago, Queenstown & Wanaka, Fiordland & Southland
is our most comprehensive guide to the South Island, and is perfect for discovering both popular and offbeat experiences.
Looking for wider coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's New Zealand
for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer. About Lonely Planet:
Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world's number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveler since 1973. Over the past four decades, we've printed over 145 million guidebooks and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travelers. You'll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, nine international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more.