Lonely Planet Discover London is your passport to the London's top sights and most authentic experiences.
Soak up Shoreditch's edgy and offbeat atmosphere in a local bar, explore the world-class Tate Modern gallery, or steep yourself in history at Westminster Abbey; all with your trusted travel companion. Offering visually-inspiring content along with the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you, this photo-rich, user-friendly guide makes planning fun and easy. Discover the best of London and begin your journey now
Inside Lonely Planet Discover London
- In-depth coverage of the destination's must-see sights along with hidden gems that most guidebooks miss to get you to the heart of a place
- Intuitively organized with essential information at your fingertips
- Eye-catching full-colour design and easy-to-use layout with maps and images throughout
- Annotated images that bring a destination to life
- Practical planning and transport tools including a fold-out map (included in print version) that gives instant access to must-see sights to help you navigate as you plot out your itinerary
- Short and extended itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests to make the most of your time on the road
- Insider tips and insights to save time and money, avoid crowds and trouble spots, and to get to know the destination like a local
- Honest recommendations for all budgets
- Cultural insights and background information to put top sights and experiences in context and to give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience (includes cuisine, art, architecture, history, wine, sport, and etiquette)
- Free, convenient pull-out London map (included in print version)
- Covers the West End, Kensington, Hyde Park, Spitalfields, Clerkenwell, Hoxton, the South Bank and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Discover London, our easy-to-use guide, filled with inspiring and colourful photos, focuses on London's most popular attractions and authentic experiences for those looking for the best of the best and have minimal time for planning.
- Also looking for a comprehensive guide that recommends both popular and offbeat experiences and extensively covers all of the ins and outs of the city's neighborhoods? Check out Lonely Planet London guide.
- Or check out Pocket London, a handy-sized guide focused on only the absolutely can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
- Also be sure to check out Lonely Planet England for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)
Publisher: Lonely Planet
Age Range: NA - NA years
Grade Level: NA - NA
Paperback: 258 Pages
Product Dimension (L x W x H): 19.56 x 12.70 x 1.52 CM
Shipping Weight: 0.32 Kg