Drugs, Adultery, Bribery, Homosexuality, corruption--and the Supreme Court?!?
Your high school history teachers never gave you a book like this one! Secret Lives of the Supreme Court
features outrageous and uncensored profiles of America's most legendary justices--complete with hundreds of little-known, politically incorrect, and downright wacko facts. You'll discover that:
- Hugo Black was a member of the Ku Klux Klan.
- Benjamin Cardozo likely died a virgin.
- John Rutledge attempted suicide by jumping off a bridge.
- John Marshall Harlan organized regular screenings of X-rated films.
- Thurgood Marshall never missed an episode of Days of Our Lives.
- Sandra Day O'Connor established the court's first Jazzercise class.
- And much, much more!
With chapters on everyone from John Jay to Samuel Alito, Secret Lives of the Supreme Court
tackles all the tough questions that other history books are afraid to ask: How many of these judges took bribes? How many were gay? And how could so many sink into dementia while serving on the highest court in the land? American history was never this much fun in school!