The libvirt API covers the entire life cycle of virtual objects, from creation to destruction. It contains everything needed for the management of a virtual object during that life cycle. Although libvirt has APIs that support many languages, this work concentrates on the Python language exclusively and how to use them to control virtual machines under the QEMU/KVM system. You'll start by reviewing virtualization in general and then move on to libvirt specific concepts using Python including virtualized operating systems and networks, connections, storage pools, event handling, and error handling. Foundations of Libvirt Development concludes with the XML domain definitions of domains, networks, devices, network filtering, storage, node devices, and more. What You'll Learn
- Interface Python to the libvirt library.
- Review the class layout and methods of the libvirt library.
- Install and manipulate virtual machines via Python/libvirt.
- Create XML to manipulate domains, networks, and devices.
- Write Python programs to perform libvirt functions without human intervention.
Age Range: NA - NA years
Grade Level: NA - NA
Paperback: 408 Pages
Product Dimension (L x W x H): 0.00 x 0.00 x 0.00 CM
Shipping Weight: 0.00 Kg