Essential Mathematics for Economics and Business isestablished as one of the leading introductory textbooks onmathematics for students of business and economics. Combining auser-friendly approach to mathematics with practicalapplications to the subjects, the text provides students with aclear and comprehensible guide to mathematics. The fundamentalmathematical concepts are explained in a simple and accessiblestyle, using a wide selection of worked examples, progressexercises and real-world applications.
New to this Edition
- Fully updated text with revised worked examples and updatedmaterial on Excel and Powerpoint
- New exercises in mathematics and its applications to givefurther clarity and practice opportunities
- Fully updated online material including animations and a newtest bank
- The fourth edition is supported by a companion website atwww.wiley.com/college/bradley, which contains: Animations ofselected worked examples providing students with a new way ofunderstanding the problems Access to the Maple T.A. test bank, which features over 500 algorithmic questions Further learningmaterial, applications, exercises and solutions.
- Problems in context studies, which present the mathematics in abusiness or economics framework.
- Updated PowerPoint slides, Excel problems and solutions.
"The text is aimed at providing an introductory-level expositionof mathematical methods for economics and business students. Interms of level, pace, complexity of examples and user-friendlystyle the text is excellent - it genuinely recognises and meets theneeds of students with minimal maths background."
--Colin Glass, Emeritus Professor, University ofUlster
"One of the major strengths of this book is the range ofexercises in both drill and applications. Also the 'workedexamples' are excellent; they provide examples of the use ofmathematics to realistic problems and are easy to follow."
--Donal Hurley, formerly of University College Cork
"The most comprehensive reader in this topic yet, this book isan essential aid to the avid economist who loathesmathematics "
Age Range: NA - NA years
Grade Level: NA - NA
Paperback: 688 Pages
Product Dimension (L x W x H): 24.38 x 18.54 x 3.05 CM
Shipping Weight: 1.27 KgPeriplus Bestseller Rank:
#1 in Educational Books » Higher Education Books » Economic Business Management