Education is a rewarding area of work that provides some of the most diverse career opportunities of any field. Written by educators with real-world knowledge of the profession, this information-packed guide provides the career explorer with concise information on the necessary skills, training, certification/licensure, compensation, and employment outlook for over 100 careers in a wide range of education settings.
This book describes careers that range from working with very young children to positions in traditional K-12 schools to educating adults in organizational settings. It discusses careers suitable for those who enjoy working with people as well as careers for individuals who are more comfortable with information or ideas. A particularly useful feature is information about alternative paths to working in education for those with degrees in related service professions. Careers outside of traditional settings include work in adult education, independent education, business or government settings, community-based educational services, and part-time opportunities, to name a few. Special attention is paid to positions in STEM and educational technology, one of education's fastest-growing careers, and careers of leadership including management, innovation, and accountability. The authors also provide a guide to self-assessment that helps readers to learn about those careers that best match their interests and temperament. Interviews with education professionals in a variety of arenas, such as middle school foreign language teacher, special education teacher, Head Start coordinator, and college athletic director, offer an in-depth look at different career opportunities.
- Covers 101 careers including necessary skills, training, certification/licensure, compensation, and employment outlook
- Includes career options for new teachers, those changing careers within education, and those seeking education as a second career
- Includes many career options outside of traditional school settings
- Presents interviews with 23 individuals in different educational positions
- Provides self-assessment questions, information pertaining to professional development, and guidance on the job-search process
Publisher: Springer Publishing Company
Age Range: NA - NA years
Grade Level: NA - NA
Paperback: 356 Pages
Product Dimension (L x W x H): 22.61 x 15.24 x 2.03 CM
Shipping Weight: 0.50 Kg