The Signet Classics edition of William Shakespeare's comedic play about two enduring human illusions--the dream of a simple life and the ideal of romantic love.
Banished from her uncle's court, young princess Rosalind disguises herself as a farmer and encounters a memorable cast of characters--including her love Orlando--in the Forest of Arden in this witty, subversive comedy.
This revised Signet Classics edition includes unique features such as:
- An overview of Shakespeare's life, world, and theater
- A special introduction to the play by the editor, Albert Gilman
- Selections from Thomas Lodge's Rosalynd
, the source from which Shakespeare derived As You Like It
- Dramatic criticism from Arthur Colby Sprague, Helen Gardener, and others
- A comprehensive stage and screen history of notable actors, directors, and productions
- Text, notes, and commentaries printed in the clearest, most readable text
- And more...