Excerpt from Cultural Landscape Report: Adams National Historic Site, Quincy, Massachusetts
In 1634, the Mount Wollaston region, which included Braintree and what would become Quincy, Holbrook and Randolph, was annexed by the City of Boston in an effort to provide additional room for the establishment of large estates. The earliest land grants, including 600 or more acres, were made to Boston residents Edmund Quincy, Atherton Houghton, John Wilson and William Coddington; later allotments were based on a formula of 4 acres per family member. The current site of the Adams National Historic Site was included within the great quincy-coddington Grant of 1635.
About the Publisher
Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com
This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art technology to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.