* Lesson #11: putting down your fork after every bite can help you feel more grateful for what you have;
* Lesson #18: immersing yourself in zazen can sweep the clutter from your mind;
* Lesson #23: joining your hands together in gassho can soothe irritation and conflict;
* Lesson #27: going outside to watch the sunset can make every day feel celebratory;
* Lesson #42: planting a flower and watching it grow can teach you to embrace change;
* Lesson #67: understanding the concept of ichi-go ichi-e can make everyday interactions more meaningful;
* Lesson #85: practicing chisoku can help you feel more fulfilled. A minimalist line drawing appears opposite each lesson on an otherwise blank page, giving you an opportunity to relax with a deep breath between lessons. With each daily practice, you will learn to find happiness not by seeking out extraordinary experiences but by making small changes to your life, opening yourself up to a renewed sense of peace and inner calm.
Publisher: Penguin Books
Age Range: NA - NA years
Grade Level: NA - NA
Hardcover: 224 Pages
Product Dimension (L x W x H): 18.03 x 12.70 x 2.03 CM
Shipping Weight: 0.27 KgPeriplus Bestseller Rank:
#593 in Books
#45 in Books » Health, Body & Fitness » Self-Help
#18 in Books » Science & Technology » History & Philosophy
#141 in BUSINESS » Business - Bestsellers (< Rp 300,000)
This book is very simple and practical. I think it's true, mindfulness state of mind is not just to achieve but to make it a habit. The best living style is the simple one, with the simple mind.
If you want to practice daily zen living the this book is a must read. One chapter a day for you to practice Zen living, it is much simpler than your thought. This book shows you that Zen living isn't that complicated at all.